Thursday, June 5, 2008

(Wii) can finally celebrate!

So now that I've finally spread the word to most people with ears, it's safe to blog about my. new. job!!!

I'll be starting June 16th at Press Here Publicity (www.pressherepublicity.com.) The agency is a top-of-the-heap indie music PR firm - just check out some of the bands on the roster, I mean, Arctic Monkeys, Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, Raconteurs, She & Him, Black Kids, Bloc Party, Interpol, Peter, Bjorn & John, Mos Def...it's like the bands on my iPod got together and formed one super collective and asked me to represent them!

Now obviously I won't be meeting Jenny Lewis my first day on the job or working the new She & Him record right out the gate - but jeez...what more could an aspiring super-publicist ask for. I am primed to learn so much and work so hard...and it's the kind of work I really thrive off of. I keep thinking the annoying ring my cell phone/alarm clock emits at 8:30 every morning has got to be about 10 minutes away from ruining my best dream ever.

I finally got a hold of my Mom today and told her the good news. She must have heard the ear-to-ear smile on my face when I left her the message because she said she figured it was either that I'd gotten a new job OR that I'd found a Nintendo Wii. LOL. Friends, I'm sure you're aware with my 11 month odyssey to find that damn machine and in a wild twist of fate, that journey is finally ending too. Madre happened to luck out and snag me a Wii up in Gloucester last week and, while she was waiting for the perfect moment to surprise me with it (and BOY would it have surprised me to find it at my doorstep one day) this is really the perfect time - my birthday is June 28th and I feel like i'm starting a new chapter of my life, it's really exciting.

Now I just have to find a way to get it from Gloucester to Jersey!

this is about to be me:

Wii legos

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAH, sammy that will SO be you