Thursday, June 5, 2008

Observational Tennis

So the French Open is coming to a close and if you remember I selected Dinara Safina, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic as my final four ladies and after today's quarterfinal round of competition I am batting 1000! Good for me! I still think the all serbian half of the draw is the toughest - both Jankovic and Ivanovic routed their opponents up until this point. I'm still backing Ivanovic but I expect Thursdays semifinal to be some killer tennis.

On the men's side I predicted Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer. I called 3 out of 4. Ferrer fell this morning to France's Gael Monfils. I'm still backing Nadal here - I expect his match against Djokovic on Thursday to be amazing (sucks that I'll have to miss it...why arent the semis being televised on ESPN or ESPN2? WTF...the tennis network...do YOU know anyone with the tennis network?)

No comments: