Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today's Track - Thursday, May 29

The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go

click here to be taken to the song

Ting Tings Album

When I first heard the Ting Ting's "That's Not My Name" in late 2007 I knew this pair was going to be special. I can't get enough of this album. It's just fun, peppy, upfeat, feel good music. Barely a ballad anywhere to be found and packed with irreverent lyrics and quirky subject matter, We Started Nothing is the perfect album to listen to as summer begins.

I have a feeling all of these tracks will wind up on this blog sooner or later. I picked "Shut Up and Let Me Go" to post first because of it's prominence on the iTunes commercials. It's not to say that all iTunes songs deserve to be super-hits, but I think this one does.

I suspect the Ting Tings put on a great live show. I'll let you know after I see them at Bowery on June 18th. Tickets still available - join me?

1. Great DJ
2. That's Not My Name
3. Fruit Machine
4. Traffic Light
5. Shut Up And Let Me Go
6. Keep Your Head
7. We Walk
8. Be The One
9. Impacilla Carpisung
10. We Started Nothing

if you are The Ting Tings (whoa!) or their people and you want the track taken down, just let me know and I’ll be happy to oblige.

No comments: